Aims and Objectives
The objects of the ASEKI were carefully drawn from the above cited mission, guiding the school transaction of the objects into practical reality in the areas of teaching and training, research and consultancy service to the private and public stakeholders needs.
- To provide competences and skills in Business Management, Accountancy and Finance, Marketing, Procurement and Supplies, ICT and any other related business disciplines, putting more emphasis on needs, at lower and middle level cadres, required to make them competitive in the market and face the challenges of the new millennium;
- To research and experience on new ways of teaching and learning through scientific research and evaluation;
- To supply the country with high level business manpower as agents of development and change, thus contributing to the indigenous development of business with special emphasis on entrepreneurship;
- To provide expert professional services in the form of learned and knowledge intensive consultancy to business industry as well as to the private and public organizations and institutions, and thereby render new findings applicable to the national development process with emphasis on entrepreneurship;
- To provide a forum for the discussion and exchange of information for nationally and regionally successful entrepreneurs, business people and organizations through discussion groups, workshops and conferences;
- To promote entrepreneurship in the country by organizing and conducting training, in the form of short courses, seminars and workshops for small and medium entrepreneurs.
- To promote the use of ICT in the enhancement of academic delivery and management.
- To create a bridge by providing technical support and training to Tanzanians who have not managed to go direct to Universities due one reasons or another to access University education.
The Functions of ASEKI
In order to accomplish the noble mission of ASEKI the roles and functions of the school have been defined as follows:
- To provide access to high quality education and training for students on Business Management, Accountancy and Finance, Marketing, Procurement and Supplies, ICT and other business related disciplines;
- To engage in applied research and development in the disciplines specified above;
- To provide advisory, consultancy and other services to the public and private sector, organizations, groups and individuals in matters related to business, accounting, management and entrepreneurship;
- To conduct examinations and grant award of ASEKI as approved by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) and other relevant bodies like National Board for Accountant and Auditors (NBAA) and The Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB);
- To promote entrepreneurship in the country by providing opportunities for study of and training in the principles and techniques and their practical applications;
- To collect, publish or otherwise disseminate data and other information related to business accountancy and management including the publications of any research carried out by the school;
- To perform all such other functions as directed by The Board of Directors of ASEKI.